April 6, 2020 – COVID-19 Update – Administrative Order 2020-8 – Prohibiting All Seasonal Rentals
Effective April 6, 2020 the following provisions of an Emergency Proclamation were approved by the Borough of Bay Head’s Emergency Management Coordinator and ratified by the Mayor and Council of the Borough of Bay Head. The following prohibitions apply:
- That the Order of the Borough of Bay Head Emergency Management Coordinator, temporarily prohibiting all transient and seasonal rental of hotels, motels, guest houses and residential homes or parts thereof within the Borough of Bay Head, is hereby ratified by the Borough Council.
- That the transient and seasonal rental of hotels, motels, guest houses and residential homes or parts thereof within the Borough of Bay Head is hereby prohibited.
- No accommodations businesses in the Borough of Bay Head, including hotels, motels, guest houses, private residences, and lodging properties of any kind may accept any new transient guests or seasonal visitors. Reservations for transient rentals during the State of Emergency that have been booked to commence after 12:00 p.m. on April 6, 2020 shall be cancelled or rescheduled.
- This prohibition shall not apply to transient active duty military personnel, first responders, health care workers, construction workers presently engaged in public sector projects occurring in Ocean County, or any other person specifically exempt by paragraph 2 on page 2 of Administrative Order #2020-8.
- Violation of this order may result in the immediate temporary revocation of a violating accommodation business’s mercantile license and certificate of occupancy.