Assistance Programs Available for JCP&L Customers to Help with Winter Heating Bills
- Lifeline offers a cash grant to help people who meet certain age and disability requirements, or who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI). For additional information call 1-800-792-9745.
- USF helps residential customers maintain electric service by offering eligible customers a monthly bill credit, which is based on household income and energy usage. For more information, call 1-800-510-3102.
- The Weatherization program includes the installation of home energy measures that can help reduce energy bills. Weatherization programs include Comfort Partners, sponsored by the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities. For additional information visit www.njcleanenergy.com and click on “Residential” or call 1-800-915-8309.
- PAGE aids low-to moderate-income households who experience economic hardship and struggle to pay their electric and natural gas bills. For more information visit www.NJPowerOn.orgor call 1-732-982-8710.
- New Jersey SHARES offers temporary financial assistance to people having difficulty paying their electric bills. The fund helps those who need assistance because of an illness, job loss or other problem that has created a financial crisis, but are not eligible for other income or age-based programs. For additional information call 1-866-657-4273 or visit http://www.njshares.org.
JCP&L residential customers also can manage their electric bills through the FirstEnergy Equal Payment Plan (EPP). With EPP, customers can make consistent monthly payments to avoid seasonal highs and lows in their electric bills. To apply or learn more about other JCP&L programs, visit www.firstenergycorp.com or call 1-800-662-3115.
JCP&L is a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE: FE). JCP&L serves 1.1 million customers in the counties of Burlington, Essex, Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, Ocean, Passaic, Somerset, Sussex, Union and Warren. Follow JCP&L on Twitter @JCP_L, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/JCPandL, or online at www.jcp-l.com
FirstEnergy is dedicated to safety, reliability and operational excellence. Its 10 electric distribution companies form one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, serving customers in Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia, Maryland and New York. The company’s transmission subsidiaries operate more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions. Follow FirstEnergy online at www.firstenergycorp.com. Follow FirstEnergy on Twitter @FirstEnergyCorp.